Why do I run?
Firstly, let’s talk about why I chose to run cross country?
- Jayanta dragged me
- Wanted to experience a CCA during my final year
- Hoped to beat Jayanta at AHM
- Hoped to beat Jayanta at 10km
- Hoped to beat Jayanta at 2.4km
- Hoped to beat Jayanta’s sundown marathon PB
- Realized the track can be used for running other than mech engineering student launching water bombs at professors using their own designed trebuchets (engineering losers will understand)
- Needed a change of lifestyle in school instead of frequently skipping engine lectures to go across to KR50 pub at UCC for cheap beer
- I realized there is more to running than just running.
- I run because my ex-girlfriend hates it.
- I kept coming back because everyone has 2 things in common. Running and singlehood.
- I saw the track becoming like an entrepÔt where people from different faculties come together and interact without paying a cent.
- Felt a sense of belonging at the track where it is normal to sleep at the grandstand.
- Able to talk ‘not so serious’ stuff with talk-kok buddies, chunkai and jinyang.
- Able to talk ‘serious’ stuff with talk-serious buddies, melvin and yap xiong.
- Able to run without thinking about the run.
- My running performance keeps improving even with the World Cup season and frequent social nights at zouk organized by val.
- I am now addicted in smashing PBs.
- I get the lovely adrenaline rush feelings at races.
- I start to hear myself cursing at the runners in front during races.
- It made me post my first blog entry ever.
- I still want to beat Jayanta at a race.
So why do I run?
I run because running defines who I am today.